Susan Gregory shares another great recipe with us. This meal is great for dinner!
You will end up having a couple meals that you really enjoy and you will make over and over again during your fast. This recipe will likely be one of them! Not only is it very appetizing in its colorful presentation, but it is filling and tasty. Change the recipe to your own liking and with what you have available, but don’t skimp on the vegetables as that’s what makes this recipe unique and satisfying.
1 tablespoon sesame oil 4 cups greens, chopped (kale,
3 green onions, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
1⁄2 pound fresh green beans, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and sliced on diagonal
2 cloves garlic, minced
bok choy, spinach, collards, etc)
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
3 cups cooked brown rice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
11⁄2 cupspeas(iffrozenrununder water to thaw)
1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
1. Heat a deep skillet or wok over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add oil and heat for 1 minute.
2. Add green onions and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes. 3. Add broccoli, green beans, carrots, and garlic. Stir fry for 8-10 minutes. 4. Add greens and toss for about 2 minutes or until greens are wilted. 5. Stir in water chestnuts, brown rice, soy sauce, peas and almonds. 6. Serve as complete meal.
Yield: four servings
Tip: Serve this dish as a complete main dish along with a side of sliced fruit such as oranges, pineapple or mango. This is also a great recipe to double and then use the leftovers for lunch. Merely heat in the microwave or eat at room temperature.
- What Is The Daniel Fast?
- The Daniel Fast: Snacks In Between Meals
- The Daniel Fast: Apple and Oat Porridge
- The Daniel Fast: Make Homemade Crackers
- The Daniel Fast: Red Bean Soup For Dinner
- The Daniel Fast: High Protein Breakfast Stir Fry
- The Daniel Fast: Mango and Black Bean Salad