When heading off on their summer vacations, some people like to take books along to read, while others don’t have any interest at all in picking up a book while they relax on their getaways. Like many presidents before him, President Obama is a vacation reader, and also like many presidents before him, the media love to report on the books he brought along. The White House yesterday (August 13th) released a list of six books that the president took with him on his current two-week vacation on Martha’s Vineyard. They are:
- Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow— Biography of the first president
- Between The World and Meby Ta-Nehisi Coates — Letter to Coates’ son about race in America
- The Sixth Extinctionby Elizabeth Kolbert — Pulitzer Prize-winning book about how humans are dramatically changing the Earth’s environment
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr — Pulitzer Prize-winning novel set around the time of World War Two
- All That Is by James Salter — Novel also set around the time of World War Two
- The Lowlandby Jhumpa Lahiri — Novel set in India in the 1960s
What’s On President Obama’s Summer Vacation Reading List? was originally published on theyolandaadamsmorningshow.com
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Jay-Z alters controversial "Jesus Can't Save You" line on "Empire State of Mind" feat. Alicia Keys
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Serena Williams Shares How She’s ‘Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things’ At The Gym
Erica Campbell Takes Good Morning America: PBS Special, Tour + Live Performance [WATCH]