Summertime is here and almost gone! Were you focused the weeks before with your workout routine? Did you get your body ready for your “summer” clothes? How disciplined were you? If you weren’t as intense as you should have been to get in your favorite summer outfits, don’t fret, there’s still hope. Fitness experts suggest the morning time may be better to get your day going and to drop those pounds faster. Check out these five reasons to why the morning is better to exercise.
- Burn More Calories– Exercising early in the morning “jump starts” your metabolism, keeping it elevated for hours, sometimes for up to 24 hours! As a result, you’ll be burning more calories all day long–just because you exercised in the morning.
- Energy– Exercising in the morning energizes you for the day–not to mention that gratifying feeling of virtue you have knowing you’ve done something disciplined and good for you.
- Increases Mental Acuity– Studies have shown that exercise significantly increases mental acuity–a benefit that lasts four to ten hours after your workout ends. Exercising in the a.m. means you get to harness that brainpower, instead of wasting it while you’re sleeping.
- Higher Quality of Sleep– Assuming you make exercise a true priority, it shouldn’t be a major problem to get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier–especially since regular exercise generally means a higher quality of sleep, which in turn means you’ll probably require less sleep. (If getting up 30 to 60 minutes earlier each day seems too much, you can start with getting up 15 to 20 minutes earlier at first.)
- Regulating Your Body– When you exercise at about the same time every morning–especially if you wake up regularly at about the same time–you’re regulating your body’s endocrine system and circadian rhythms. Your body learns that you do the same thing just about every day, and it begins to prepare for waking and exercise several hours before you actually open your eyes.
If these tips sound enticing, why don’t you try it for the next 30 days and tell us at Elev8 how it worked for you. We’re look forward to hearing about it. Good luck!
Bishop Carlton Pearson Says "God Is Not A Christian..."
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
10 Exemplary Black Celebrity Fathers
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Key Lime Cake III