Community

Having Barack Obama serving the nation as president, commander-in-chief, as well as first husband and father, may also inspire some men to think more

A beauty salon is another such option for most women. You can open up a beauty salon in your house and work there only in the day time. Rest of the day you can either keep it shut or keep some assistants who will handle the salon in your absence. This kind of work however, will require prior knowledge of the field and some experience too.

Sixty-eight percent of eighth graders in the U.S. can’t read at grade level. 1.2 million teenagers drop out of school every year. And 44 percent of dropouts under age 24 are

“Unfortunately the cost to renovate the facility was so high. It was less expensive to build a new building and update it,” said Shannon Aubrey, director of membership operations at the new Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA a block away.

In the 1960s and 1970s, it was white families who moved from urban areas like Birmingham to the suburbs seeking better schools and in some cases hoping to avoid integration.

Via: defendernetwork.com Praise 92.1 sends out our condolences to the family of Ms. Beulah Shepard and we ask you to keep them in your prayers. Beulah Shepard, a small-town girl whose candid conviction and influence were sought for decades by political candidates for local and state office and even the White House, died Saturday. She […]

Via: defendernetwork.com A woman was banned from a Houston-area mall. What do you think she did that made her unwelcome at Deerbrook Mall for the next 10 years?

Over the past few years, state lawmakers have tried to push gambling in Texas, but it has always failed. Now, business owners in Galveston are standing united and want state lawmakers to hear what they think. It’s all part of a survey conducted by the Galveston Chamber of Commerce, asking local business owners if they […]

Hey Saints I got a new idea!!! Is your High School the Game of the week? Are you Playing Your Rivals? Maybe your son plays on the team or maybe your daughter is a cheerleader. Send me your Audio or Video clips of Your Son or daughter/ your predictions of each weeks games and I […]

Via: defendernetwork.com Social service providers in the Houston area have seen an alarming spike in the number of senior citizens seeking food and financial assistance during the past year.