In church we always see women with beautiful church hats on making it the statement piece to go with their outfit. Pastor J. Nelson was covering for Erica Campbell while she was away and spoke about the story of why men take their hats off in church and several other places. Back in the day men used to hide guns under their hats, when they took it off and there was no hat it meant they came in peace.
When men put on hats now sometimes it’s to hide not having a haircut or going with their outfit. Sometimes men can feel very offended when you ask them to take their hat off. How do you feel about men wearing hats in church?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Healthy Ever After – Tips For Creating A Fitness Plan Without Needing A Trainer
- Introducing: Randy Weston Of Judah Band Breaks Down Their Heavenly New Single “Making A Way”
- Get Up Prayer: “Help Us Realize God, You Are In Control” [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Rap Legend Darryl “DMC” McDaniels Talks About His New Book “Darryl’s Dream” [Listen]
- Pastor Accused Of Trapping 8 People In His Basement
- Harris County Sergeant Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash
- NAACP Houston Branch To Host Covid Town Hall: Navigating the Pandemic with Facts
- NAACP President & CEO Derrick Johnson Talks Voting Rights Bill And Biden’s 1st Year As President
- Kathy Taylor & Tony Grant Of ‘The Temptations’ Joins Houston Gospel Stage Play, ‘Soul Purpose’
- Healthy Ever After: Visioning For The New Year With Dr. Sabrina Jackson [Listen]
The History Behind Why Men Are To Take Off Their Hats [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com