There has been much made about the misconduct of religious priests and ministers. It is by introducing a clear and concise ways to deal with your congregation. This will not allow for the lines of familiarity to grow. They have also introduced a sample code of ethics for congregational leaders as follows:
1. Provide spiritual guidance and teaching for congregants, congregational staff members, and members of the larger community.
2. Treat staff and congregants with dignity and respect.
3. Uphold integrity through honest communication.
4. Nurture their personal religious life through prayer, meditation, and study.
5. Maintain healthy boundaries with congregants by nurturing family relationships and/or friendships with others whom they do not also serve as religious leader.
6. Refrain from making sexual overtures and engaging in sexual relationships (other than with one’s spouse), or sexually harassing congregants, whether or not the leader and/or congregant is married.
7. Be accountable to an identified supervisor or group of peers that conducts regular performance reviews, seeking input from members of the congregation.
8. Avoid disclosing private information about congregants.
9. Recognize the power dynamic in their role with congregants, using that power to seek the well being of those they serve and never for their own personal ends.
10. Limit their professional role to pastor, teacher, or priest to avoid dual relationships and arbitrary boundaries with congregants.
A safe and healthy place to worship is something that we should all have for our human dignity. It is also important to remember that not everyone that wears a collar has committed some sexual sin. If these guidelines were instututed this would alleviate all the issues at hand.
Praise In The Park is Back! March 18th, 2023 - Get Tickets Here
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Our Favorite Moments from Praise in the Park 2023