Last year Jo Dee Messina announced that she was diagnosed with cancer. Since the diagnoses she had stopped recording music and recently dug deep into her spiritual roots to write her new single. The song reflects things she’s gone through and believes her faith helped her the most.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
In a recent interview with PEOPLE, Messina said, “I’m leaning on God. I’m letting Him take charge. It’s what’s best for my soul right now. Every biopsy and every result … it feels like an eternity goes by. I know that God has me. I’m filled with gratitude and joy.” Messina also spoke about her children watching her go through the battle and relying on them for help sometimes.
RELATED: Andre Hal Of The Houston Texans Praises God After Cancer Goes Into Remission
She shared, “I let my kids see my weakness as much as I let them see my joy of life.” Her love of music made her get back in the studio despite how much pain she had. Messina said, “On certain days, it was hard to breathe, and I was barely able to stand up at the microphone. I know that I took the road I was supposed to take … If I look back, I know that God has always been there. I want to make sure that people know that God is good.” We will continue to keep Jo Dee Messina and her family in our prayers.
RELATED: Black Women Face High Risk, Dangers And Death Rates With Breast Cancer
RELATED: UPDATE: Gladys Knight’s Publicist Denies That She Has Pancreatic Cancer
- Get A Month of Free Therapy With Praise Houston and Better Help
- Jedidiah Thurner Talks 1DayHouston And Uniting For Change
- [VIDEO] Backstage at Praise in the Park 2023 with Maurette B. Clark
- [VIDEO] Backstage at Praise in The Park 2023 with JJ Hairston
- Civil Rights Leaders Mark 3rd Anniversary Of George Floyd’s Murder
- Breaking Down The Stereotype: Black People And Tipping
- What The ‘Debt Ceiling’ Crisis Means For Black America
- Texas Legislators Vote To Eliminate Annual Vehicle Inspections
- Even Though The End Was Weird, Jim Brown’s Legacy Deserves Our Celebration
- [VIDEO] 11-Foot Alligator Seen Roaming Missouri City Neighborhood
- Decide To Win, Refuse To Lose | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Kirk Franklin Talks Marriage Goals & Helping People Find Love In The New Show ‘The One’
- The Stronger The Wind, The Stronger The Trees | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Kierra Sheard-Kelly Talks Pregnancy ‘I Felt The Presence Of God This Time Around’
Jo Dee Messina On Battling Cancer: “I Know That God Has Me” was originally published on getuperica.com
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
HOLY MESS: Deitrick Haddon Comes Clean, Puts Isaac Caree On Blast
Madam Vice President Kamala Harris Sparkles In Sergio Hudson At The White House Correspondence Dinner
Jay-Z alters controversial "Jesus Can't Save You" line on "Empire State of Mind" feat. Alicia Keys