Last year Jo Dee Messina announced that she was diagnosed with cancer. Since the diagnoses she had stopped recording music and recently dug deep into her spiritual roots to write her new single. The song reflects things she’s gone through and believes her faith helped her the most.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
In a recent interview with PEOPLE, Messina said, “I’m leaning on God. I’m letting Him take charge. It’s what’s best for my soul right now. Every biopsy and every result … it feels like an eternity goes by. I know that God has me. I’m filled with gratitude and joy.” Messina also spoke about her children watching her go through the battle and relying on them for help sometimes.
She shared, “I let my kids see my weakness as much as I let them see my joy of life.” Her love of music made her get back in the studio despite how much pain she had. Messina said, “On certain days, it was hard to breathe, and I was barely able to stand up at the microphone. I know that I took the road I was supposed to take … If I look back, I know that God has always been there. I want to make sure that people know that God is good.” We will continue to keep Jo Dee Messina and her family in our prayers.
11 Celebrities Who’ve Battled Cancer
1. Sophia VergaraSource: 1 of 11
2. Angelina JolieSource: 2 of 11
3. Leah StillSource: 3 of 11
4. Big AngSource: 4 of 11
5. Hugh JackmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Brandi MaxielleSource: 6 of 11
7. Robin RobertsSource: 7 of 11
8. Stuart ScottSource: 8 of 11
9. Giuliana RancicSource: 9 of 11
10. Taylor Swift’s mom, Andrea Swift.Source: 10 of 11
11. Diem BrownSource: 11 of 11
- When I Was Younger: Kirk Franklin On Learning To Go Along With God’s Plan [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- John P. Kee Gives Us His Black Music Month Playlist [Listen]
- Todd Dulaney Gives His Opinion On The Worst Part Of Being A Dad
- Pastor Risks His Life To Help Rescue Thousands Of Cybersex Slaves
- Nas And Will Smith Are Investing In An App That Teaches Financial Literacy To Teenagers
- Jada Pinkett Smith To Receive “Trailblazer” Honor At MTV Movie & TV Awards
- Serena Williams Drops History Lesson While Braiding Her Daughter Olympia’s Hair
- Voices: John P. Kee “Made It Out”
- Victoria Rowell On Kristoff St. John, Her Live Beyond Y&R And If She’d Ever Return
- William McDowell On Training Up Our Children To Know God
Jo Dee Messina On Battling Cancer: “I Know That God Has Me” was originally published on getuperica.com