Maranda Curtis is a beautiful gospel singer, worship leader and is opening up about how she got into the music business. Her parents were R&B singers and she never wanted to sing because she was shy. When her mom discovered her gift she encouraged her to sing.
Several years later she met Pastor John P. Kee and recorded her first song with him at the age of 23. Years later she became his worship leader at the church. Even though singing was her first choice she is so thankful that so many people were behind her to do it.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Mr. Griffin: It’s In My Nature [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Marvin Gaye Added To The Music Icons Stamp Series, Burberry Apologizes For Noose Hoodie & More
- Covington Teen Caught in Face-Off With Native American Suing Washington Post Over Incident Coverage
- DC Comics Cancels Series About Jesus After Receiving Over 200,000 Signed Petitions
- Pastor And Father Of Five Dies From Heart Attack After Communion Service
- “Behind The Lens, Hollywood’s Independent Film Makers” Robert Townsend
- Marvin Gaye Stamp Coming From U.S.P.S.
- Daniel Kaluuya, Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star In Film Based On Black Panther Party’s Fred Hampton
- Get Up! News Roundup: Bernie Sanders Enters Presidential Race, Fashion Designer Karl Lagerfeld Dies At 85 & More
- Editor Who Called For KKK Revival And Lynchings Removed From College Hall Of Fame
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
1. Marvin WinansSource: 1 of 12
2. William MurphySource: 2 of 12
3. Jason NelsonSource: 3 of 12
4. Deitrick HaddonSource: 4 of 12
5. Travis GreeneSource: 5 of 12
6. Warryn CampbellSource: 6 of 12
7. Kim BurrellSource: 7 of 12
8. Charles JenkinsSource: 8 of 12
9. Marvin SappSource: 9 of 12
10. Smokie NorfulSource: 10 of 12
11. William McDowellSource: 11 of 12
12. Shirley CaesarSource: 12 of 12
Maranda Curtis Talks Initially Not Having The Desire To Sing [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com