Have a future journalist in your family set to graduate and head to college? The Associated Press has announced the 2018 Texas AP Broadcasters Student/Scholarship Competition.
Entries must be submitted via email on or before Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Students at colleges and universities in Texas are eligible to apply for scholarships through the Texas AP Broadcasters. TAPB commits at least $1,000 each year to be given to students with a goal of entering any area of broadcast journalism after graduation.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university in Texas. Preference may be given to those who are at institutions that receives AP services, or if the student is an intern at a Texas station that receives AP services.
- A qualified high school senior, with a letter of commitment to attend a college or university, will also be eligible.
- Scholarship must be spent within one year of the formal announcement of the award at the annual TAPB banquet. The TAPB board will consider extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant must be majoring in radio-television news, or a related curriculum, with a goal of entering broadcast journalism after graduation.
- The application via email must include a letter of recommendation from a mass communications instructor, journalism department director or faculty member in a field related to broadcast journalism.
- You must also include a letter with your resume, especially noting your broadcast experience and any awards.
- Include your mailing address, your home (or cell) & work telephone numbers, plus your email address.
- The student should give three examples of his/her work as a broadcaster. Please provide a link to a website you may have or attach the items with your email.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A WRITTEN STATEMENT ON HOW, WHERE AND WHEN THE MONEY, IF AWARDED, WOULD BE USED TO PAY EDUCATION COSTS.
NOTE: Your application may make you subject to a telephone interview on the afternoon of Saturday, April 7, 2018, when the Texas AP Broadcasters board of directors meets to select scholarship winners and amounts to be awarded. Please make sure to include the phone number where you can be contacted that particular afternoon.
WHERE TO EMAIL YOUR ENTRIES?
Email entries to TAPB Chairman Jack Acosta: email@example.com
Questions? Call Sam Moore, Associated Press, 972-677-2227.
NOTE: Entries are not confirmed as accepted until the applicant receives an email “reply” from Jack Acosta.
Amount of money available for the scholarships will be decided by the TAPB board during a meeting Saturday, April 7, 2018. Scholarship winners will be notified prior to the TAPB awards banquet April 21, 2018. Scholarship winners who are available that evening can attend the banquet at no charge.
Entries must be emailed on or before Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Praise In The Park is Back! March 18th, 2023 - Get Tickets Here
Register Now For Senior Bingo at Praise in the Park March 18!
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Bishop Carlton Pearson Says "God Is Not A Christian..."
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Another Prominent Christian Leader admits to an Affair!