For those in the southern hemisphere, June 21 marks the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year.
Solstice comes from the Latin words “sol” and “sistere” meaning “sun stands still”–a reference to how, when seen from Earth, the sun appears to pause before its position in the sky reverses direction.
Make sure to share these tips with a friend!
Make sure to read:
- New Poll Shows Pastors Often Poorly Informed on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- An Intimate Conversation With Danny Gokey [VIDEO]
- New House Rep Swears To Hate Obama, 50 Cent Is The Lance Stephenson Of Rap
- Kevin Hart Pledges $50K to Texas Southern University Marching Band
- Ruby Dee’s Grandson Shares Great Thanks For Outpouring Of Love
Did You Know Summer Solstice Is Related To A Religion? was originally published on elev8.com
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Jay-Z alters controversial "Jesus Can't Save You" line on "Empire State of Mind" feat. Alicia Keys
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Serena Williams Shares How She’s ‘Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things’ At The Gym
Enter to Win a Cabin on The Fantastic Voyage