Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
Believers should be growing constantly and reaching new levels of maturity in God. Part of that growth process is learning how to forgive others. Consider it a blessing when you must forgive people who have hurt you. Situations like this give you the opportunity to grow spiritually and go to another level in your walk with God. Always forgive those who sin against you, despite the magnitude of the offense.
- Certain demonic forces remain in your life when you refuse to forgive.
- Through Jesus’ blood, God has forgiven our sins; therefore, we should forgive those who have sinned against us.
- Forgiveness leads to spiritual liberty, victory, and joy.
- Holding unforgiveness hinders your prayers (Matthew 6:12-15).
- In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus gave an outline of a model prayer with six topics (Matthew 6:9-13).
- Topic #1: Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
- Topic #2: Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
- Topic #3 Give us this day, our daily bread.
- Topic #4: Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
- Ask God to forgive you.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to you any unconfessed sin.
- Be willing to agree with what God says about that sin and turn away from it (1 John 1:9).
- Forgive as often as you want to be forgiven (Matthew 18:21-35).
- Have compassion on others because God has extended His mercy toward you (Psalm 103:8-12).
- When you refuse to forgive someone, you put that person in bondage.
- If you choose to keep a record of other people’s wrongs, you will live with tormenting memories.
- Demons will oppress you and bring sickness to your soul and body. a Unforgiveness can also affect your family and finances.
- Refuse to be emotionally ruled by unforgiveness. iii. Pray for your enemies.
- Set your will to forgive anyone; bless those who curse you.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you.
- Topic #5: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
- Praise God and give Him glory.
- He preserves you from every evil work.
- He invites you to be a participant in His power.
- He offers you the opportunity to be transformed into the very image of Christ.
- His Word will renew your mind so you can go from glory to glory.
- He gives joy to His people.
- Matthew 6:9-15
- 1 John 1:9
- Matthew 18:21-35
- Psalm 103:8-12