Pastor John Gray received a lot of backlash after meeting with Donald Trump a couple of weeks ago. His wife, Aventer Gray spoke about what she thought of it and she told him not to go. She didn’t understand at first why he was going, but then when he spoke about jail reform she thought it was okay.
Aventer also felt that people wouldn’t understand because they’re so broken by what the administration has done to so many people. John told her that he heard God’s voice and after that the conversation was over. He said that he honors the voice of his wife and her leadership, but sometime as a man you have to walk alone.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Top Quotes From Bayard Rustin, The First Openly Gay Black Civil Rights Leader
- James Fortune Debuts New Song With Isaac Carree, “It’s Gonna Happen”
- Vanessa Bryant Slams Rapper Meek Mill For Insensitive Kobe Bryant Lyric: “You Can Do Better Than This”
- Houston Mayor Calls On Texas To Pay For Skyrocketing Energy Bills Following Winter Storm
- A Brief History of Black Sports Agents In Major Sports
- New Podcast Alert: More Than That With Gia Peppers Takes A Deeper Dive Into Black Life
- Witness To Grace: Dr. Franklyn Richardson Discusses ‘Testimony of Favor’ In New Book
- Deion Sanders Says His Personal Items Were Stolen During His First Jackson State Game [WATCH]
- See A List Of Water Distribution Sites For February 22
- The History Of Black Women In Beauty Pageants