Hillary Clinton is a lawyer, a philanthropist, an advocate for women’s rights, a former First Lady of the United States, the first American First Lady to be elected to the U.S. senate and the first woman to win a major party’s nomination in the race for the presidential seat.
Hillary reveals where her inspiration and motivation has come from throughout her long career in politics, explaining that she has learned from lessons that her mother has had to learn during her life. She says that “family and faith” has constantly the support and foundation beneath her work, especially as she has become a mother and now a grandmother herself.
When asked what her prayer for the country would be, she remarks “Jesus was a great psychologist,” in that he knew how difficult it is to love thy neighbor if you don’t love yourself. She says she is praying and working to empower people to love themselves in such a way that would make it easier to love others in our country, no matter where they came from. There is, she says, a lot of work to do in our country to combat the negativity and nonsense that fills our lives and politics.
Hillary also speaks on the stakes in this election, saying she doesn’t “think there has ever been an election where the stakes have been higher.” If she wins the election, she explains, she is determined to build on President Obama‘s legacy, and fight against the “dangerous and divisive demagogy” that continues to come from her opponent.
Just some of the ways she’s interested in doing so, for instance, include a program for 20 billion dollars which aims to tackle the challenge of youth unemployment, and subsequently help more people to avoid ending up in the criminal justice system. Her goal, she notes, is to face systemic racism in a way that is productive, and creates change.
Hillary Clinton & Her Famous Friends
1. Hillary Clinton With Lupita Nyong’oSource:Lisa Lake/Getty Images for Massachusetts Conference for Women 1 of 13
2. Hillary Clinton With Kareem Abdul JabbarSource:Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images 2 of 13
3. Hillary Clinton With Lenny KravitzSource:Christopher Polk/Getty Images for International Medical Corps 3 of 13
4. Hillary Clinton With The Royal FamilySource:Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty 4 of 13
5. Hillary Clinton With Anna Wintour And Michael KorsSource:Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Michael Kors 5 of 13
6. Hillary Clinton With Robert DeNiroSource:Eugene Gologursky/Getty Images for East Harlem School 6 of 13
7. Hillary Clinton With Bette MidlerSource:Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Michael Kors 7 of 13
8. Hillary Clinton With Elton JohnSource:Jamie McCarthy/WireImage/Getty 8 of 13
9. Hillary Clinton With Harrison FordSource:JP Yim/Getty Images 9 of 13
10. Hillary Clinton With Meryl StreepSource:Ron Sachs - Pool/Getty Images 10 of 13
11. Hillary Clinton With Paul McCartneySource:Ron Sachs-Pool/Getty Images 11 of 13
12. Hillary Clinton With Oscar de la Renta and Antonio BanderasSource:Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images 12 of 13
13. Hillary Clinton With Chris ColferSource:Steve Granitz/WireImage/Getty 13 of 13
Hillary Clinton On How She Plans To Build On President Obama’s Legacy [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com