1. Indulge in yourself. Since Valentine’s Day is all about love, spending the day loving yourself makes perfect sense. Leave an hour early from work and do whatever you want, be it pampering yourself with a lavish mani-pedi or staying home, ordering take out and marathoning every movie your celeb crush has ever been in.
2. Go after what you want. If indulging seems a little too…indulgent, go the opposite direction and use the day to finish (or start) something you’ve been meaning to tackle. Secure that promotion you’ve been after at work, get your finances in order, or rearrange your bookshelf by color (it really brightens a room!).
3. Find something new to love. Interested in taking up yoga? Want to learn how to dance ballet? Wish you could cook risotto? Challenge yourself to do something you haven’t done before, or seldom get to do because of your schedule.
4. Send love someone else’s way. Studies show that kindness spreads, so start an epidemic. Give Valentine’s Day cards to those close to you, like your co-workers and friends, as well as those not so close to you, Volunteer locally and help those less fortunate than you. Seeing a face light up from your small gesture will fill you with love and make the world a better place.
5. Participate in a secret santa, Valentine’s Day style. Who needs a valentine when you and your girlfriends have each other? Round up your girls, draw names from a hat and buy whomever you draw a little something (don’t forget to set the spending limit beforehand). Then on V-Day, meet at a friend’s apartment to exchange gifts. Afterwards dress up and enjoy a night out on the town. Try a karaoke bar, because, let’s face it, when is karaoke anything but a good time?
6. Throw a party. If gift-giving won’t go over with your group, invite your friends over to celebrate being fabulous. ‘Nuff said. Our friends at Yahoo! Shine have a great V-Day party planning guide for you, covering everything.
7. Figure out what you want out of love. We know, we know, this whole post is about NOT being romantic. But since our mission is to help people live their best love lives, we would be remiss in not telling you that—even if you don’t want to right now or don’t believe it will ever happen—everyone, including you, can fall in love. And it usually happens when you least expect it. So take some time to write down a few love goals. Whether you want to remain single for ten more years or want to start dating this month, the clarity of knowing what you want makes it that much easier to get there.
7 Perfect Valentine’s Day Ideas For Singles was originally published on theyolandaadamsmorningshow.com
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
HOLY MESS: Deitrick Haddon Comes Clean, Puts Isaac Caree On Blast
Madam Vice President Kamala Harris Sparkles In Sergio Hudson At The White House Correspondence Dinner
Jay-Z alters controversial "Jesus Can't Save You" line on "Empire State of Mind" feat. Alicia Keys