Daniel Fast Blogger Susan Gregory offers up another yummy recipe for dinner during the Daniel Fast.
Sign Up For Praise Houston’s Newsletter!
Check out the recipe below for a Red Bean Soup:
Beans are so rich in vitamins and protein. Plus they are excellent for our digestive systems! Serve this soup with a fresh vegetable plate and bean dip or a nice green salad.
1 tablespoon olive oil 2
11⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions 1
1⁄4 cup chopped green bell 3
quarts vegetable stock teaspoon salt tablespoons chopped parsley cup diced carrots
cups cooked long-grain brown rice, warm
tablespoons chopped green onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 bay leaves
1 1 1⁄2 cups dried red kidney beans, 6
1 tablespoon Special Seasoning, (recipe follows on next page)
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, and bay leaves, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the Special Seasoning and stock, stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 1 1/2 hours, until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the salt and parsley, cover the pot, and cook for 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Remove 1 cup of beans from the pot and reserve.
5. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the red beans. Add the reserved beans, and stir well.
6. To serve, ladle a generous cup of the soup into each of 6 bowls. 7. Top each serving with 1/4 cup of the rice and 1 tablespoon of green onions.
Yield: six servings
These recipes are all from the Daniel Fast Cookbooks available at Daniel-Fast.com
More Daniel Fast Recipes and Tips:
Bishop Carlton Pearson Says "God Is Not A Christian..."
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
10 Exemplary Black Celebrity Fathers
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Key Lime Cake III