Lucinda Moore is perhaps best known for her 2006 breakout hit “Pressure Into Praise” as well as her cameo appearances on Hezekiah Walker’s “When We Get Over There,” Tramaine Hawkins’s “Lift Me Up,” and the GMWA Women of Worship Choir’s classic “I Surrender My All” and we dare not forget her now legendary live cover of “Safe In His Arms”, the multi talented artist is back on the scene with a slew of new projects. She recently checked in with GospelLyfe.com to answer our 5 Questions…As always, check them out by clicking the link below…
Lucinda Moore hails from Bridgeport, CT and started out singing with local groups and ensembles before lending her soaring background vocals to the respective music ministries of Tremaine Hawkins and Hezekiah Walker.
After years of “paying her dues” (ministering at churches and musicals and providing background vocals) Lucinda found success with her debut project on Tyscot Records. The project contained the radio friendly hit “Pressure Into Praise”. The Caribbean-styled song shot to #13 on Billboard magazine’s Hot Gospel Songs chart in fall 2006 and her self-titled CD debut hit the Top 10 as well. That song catapulted Moore to gospel music’s upper echelon and soon she was appearing on programs with heavyweights such as Prophetess Juanita Bynum and Pastor Paula White.
Her latest musical offering is a candid look into her private life. After dealing with the death of her father, years of sexual and verbal abuse as well as a painful divorce, Moore says she has a story to share and is doing it through her latest cd, upcoming autobiography and concert tour.
1. Why Gospel? “Gospel Music is my life. I live it, I eat it and sleep it. I am singing about the one who kept my mind when I was about to lose it. I went through a few terrible things in my life. In getting to this place where I am today, I went through Verbal, Physical, Sexual and Mental abuse and God has healed me. So, Singing about a man is not going to fulfill me, But, When I think and sing about what God Has done and where I could’ve been If he didn’t step in to save my life, It makes me just want to write and sing new songs of Praises to Him. Plus, I made a pact with my grandmother at the age of 6 that I will never sing R & B music…LOL I kept my promise to her and God….”
2. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be doing? I would’ve been a Forensic Scientist or either a detective….
3. Who is your dream duet partner? I’ve Got a few…
For male: Walter Hawkins and Donnie Mcclurkin
For female: Fantasia, Patti Labelle, Vickie Winans
4. What’s the first record/tape/album you remember buying? *Sniggling and blushing*….Love Alive 1- Going up Yonder, Wont be satisfied, Changed…LOVE IT!!!
5. What’s the best food dish you prepare? Lasagna, Cake from scratch and Soul food (Macaroni & Collard greens to be exact)
**BONUS** What can fans expect from your music ministry in 2010? Everybody can “Expect the Unexpected!!!”…..The Blessed, Broken and Given CD is going strong!! You will be able to view me on BET, TBN, My own talk show and more. I am now in preparation and planning the 2nd Annual Blessed, Broken and Given- March 2011 in Atlanta, GA, I’m also doing a “Back to Deliverance” Prophetic Revival Tour kicking off September 2010 in Durham, NC and will be hosting a “One night with the Legends” Benefit Concert that will be geared towards Battered & Abused Women, Men and Children, Homeless and Women & Men in transition! I am finishing up on my book called “Turn Your Pressure Into Praise” Autobiography that should be released in 2011. So, my plate is full with projects!
For more info on this powerful psalmist, visit http://www.lucindamoore.com In the meantime, check her out performing the title track from her latest project available in stores now!