Graduation is a milestone. Whether it’s making the leap from kindergarten to first grade, or high school to college, graduation is an occasion for celebration, and a party is in order.
The celebration experts from Wilton suggest setting the stage for this rite of passage with highlights of the graduate’s educational journey. A display of awards, achievements or recognitions, photos, and other mementos makes perfect party decor.
Be sure to give some thought to the menu…it’s an important part of the celebration, too. Serve the grad’s favorites, and pay special attention to dessert. These whimsical Tip of the Cap Treats are actually brownies in the shape of a mortarboard cap. Complete with tassels in school colors, they are impressive, and easy, too – sure to garner a grade of A+ from all in attendance. Here’s how.
Bake brownies from a mix (or your own recipe) in the unique brownie pop silicone mold to create the base of the cap. Next, pour a coating of light or dark cocoa candy melts over the cooled brownies and attach a piece of square chocolate candy to the brownie to form the flat top. To make the tassels, cut slits at one end of a strip of rolled fondant, and affix to the cap with additional melted candy.
Time to enjoy the party…who knows, the graduate might just give you “extra credit” for this one!
Visit http://www.wilton.com for other graduation party ideas and recipes, and for all of your baking, decorating and celebrating supplies.
A Tip Of The Cap Treats
* 1 package (about 16 oz.) brownie mix (8 x 8 in. size)
* Water, oil and eggs to make mix
* 1 package (14 oz.) Light or Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
* 24 pieces filled or solid chocolate square candy
* Colored Rolled Fondant, in school colors*
* 24 brown candy-coated chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Brownie Pop Mold with pan spray; place on cookie sheet.
2. Prepare brownie mix following package instructions. Fill Brownie Pop Mold cavities 2/3 full; bake 25-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool in mold about 30 minutes. Carefully remove by applying gentle pressure to the bottom of the mold cavity while gently pulling away sides. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter. Trim brownies to 1 1/4 inch high.
3. Place cooling grid over parchment-lined cookie pan. Melt candy following package instructions; cover brownies with melted candy and chill until firm. Attach chocolate squares with melted candy; let set. For tassels, roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut into 1 1/4 x 1 1/2-inch strips; cut deep slits on one end for fringe. Brush uncut edge with water; roll to form tassel. Cut 1/8-inch strips for cord and attach to mortarboard with damp brush; attach tassel. Add chocolate pieces to top with melted candy; let set.
Blessed Family Follow Please Follow Me On Twitter and Facebook Search nzingaspeaks