In what they’re calling nothing short of a miracle, an Alabama family said two Bibles are a few family memories survived a near-tragic house fire the day after Christmas.
“I speak what I think. I don’t sugar coat anything. I have very little filter, but I have a big heart and I believe in God,” Sherri Rosa said. “God was definitely here that day.”
Her daughter, Ashlee, said her 13-year-old brother heard a knock on the door on December 26, later discovering that the house was on fire nd the family was able to escape. Thankfully, no one was injured in the blaze.
“A lady had told my mom that the reason he heard the knocking was because it was God knocking on the door to let him know to get out of the house because the house was burning,” Ashlee Rosa said. “If they wouldn’t have gotten out in time when he heard that knocking, they would have probably been in that back room, and they wouldn’t have been able to get out where they were at.”
According to firefighters, the fire started due to faulty wiring in the attic.
The family searched through the rubble looking for family memories such as baby photos and Sherri’s father’s ashes. Sherri said he passed away earlier this year.
Thankfully, the box containing the ashes had melted around them and a few mementos from his passing. Two Bibles – a large one and a small one — were also discovered in the box.
What’s even more of a blessing, since the fire, the smaller Bible has opened to a page in the Book of Proverbs.
“This right here, where it says, ‘I am weary God,’ and I have been since the passing of my dad,” Sherri Rosa said. “It’s just God’s way of letting me know that I’ll be alright.”
The verse concludes, “but I can prevail.”