It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Dr. Katina Kennedy is back to talk about early detection and some things you can do to possibly prevent it. She mentioned that knowing your family history is very important. When you go to the doctor you should be able to tell them who in your family has had cancer and what kind it was.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She also spoke about possibly doing genetic testing to look at inherited diseases. Dr. Kennedy shared that having poor diets can also lead to having breast cancer. She wants us to eat healthier foods, decrease the amount we drink if we do and try to avoid eating food that is high in fat. Remember that early detection is the best thing to fight cancer.
Drinking a lot of caffeine is also bad for your health and can increase your chances to get the disease. Dr. Kennedy also spoke about how women between the ages of 35-39 should go get baseline screening mammograms. If you know cancer runs in your family you might want to go sooner to get tested.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Scammer Alert: No Pay For Play At Praise 92.1 Houston
- Majic Under The Stars feat. Mary Mary, Tamia, Tyrese, Tamar Braxton AND MORE! October 21st
- The Entrance To New Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Ministry or Support Group | Faith Walking
- Set The Pace | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Majic Crew Attends ‘The Color Purple’ Advanced Screening!
- Angel Taylor Talks Solo Debut and New Single ‘Speak’ [LISTEN]
- I’m Training Not Trying | Ericaism
- You’re Never Too Old To Dream | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Holiday Spending Tips | Money Monday
- Big Slim Is Hosting A Holiday Party and Toy Drive At Checkers!
- Live Life Enthusiastically | Dr. Willie Jolley
Knowing Your Family History Could Possibly Prevent Breast Cancer [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Bishop Carlton Pearson Says "God Is Not A Christian..."
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
Serena Williams Shares A Rough Day on Social Media, Fans Respond With Love And Support
Tia Mowry Shares Sweet Thanksgiving Photos With Children And Ex Cory Hardrict
Jay-Z alters controversial "Jesus Can't Save You" line on "Empire State of Mind" feat. Alicia Keys