Several school districts in Oklahoma, Arizona and Kentucky are suffering after teachers went on strike. Teachers are demanding more pay and students are standing with them to get it. TJ spoke about how she used to be a substitute teacher and how hard it was.
She mentioned that you make a connection with students and then have to leave them. A lot of the kids that weren’t well behaved needed extra love and care, once TJ was able to give them that she had to go. It hurt a lot of the children, but she made sure to visit them.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Former Minister Accused Of Stealing $800,000 From Houston Church
- Daily Devotional: “Grace Checks”
- Get Up! News Roundup: Pastor John Gray & Aventer Gray Renew Their Vows, Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Celebrates Seventh Graduation Ceremony & More
- Faith Walking: Maybe It Was A Misunderstanding [VIDEO]
- How Growing Up Around Musicians Influenced Ledisi [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Queen Naija Accused Of Swiping Pastor John P. Kee’s Melody For Her Hit “Karma,” Lawsuit Threatened
- Jordin Sparks Reveals First Big Splurge After Winning American Idol
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Squat Heel Claps
- Daily Devotional: “Off-Balance”
- #BlackExcellence: Three African-American Students Selected As 2019 Rhodes Scholars
Why Being A Substitute Teacher Is Such A Hard Job [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com