Faith and Christianity isn’t normally talked about on primetime, but on a new show on CBS it will be the basis of it. “Living Biblically” premieres this week and The Gospel Coalition reports that it’s inspired by “The Year of Living Biblically.”
The show is a comedy, but there is nothing funny about Christianity. This show is about the character “Chip” played by Jay R. Ferguson that picks up the Bible and wants to change his life around. He is also expecting his first child and turns to God for answers.
Patrick Walsh, the creator believes that he’s engaging audiences that are not only fascinated by religion, but enjoy comedy. He said, “I find they are both doing the same thing. What they are both angry with that the other side does, they are doing themselves. A big part of my pitch was that 84 percent of the world aligns themselves with some sort of religion, and it’s never talked about.” Will you tune into this new show?
RELATED: Kev On Stage On Why TV Isn’t Only Way To Make It In Comedy Anymore [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: Wendy Williams Is Off The Air For Three Weeks After Health Diagnosis
RELATED: Faith Walking: Be Careful With The Blame Game [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Get A Month of Free Therapy With Praise Houston and Better Help
- Jedidiah Thurner Talks 1DayHouston And Uniting For Change
- [VIDEO] Backstage at Praise in the Park 2023 with Maurette B. Clark
- [VIDEO] Backstage at Praise in The Park 2023 with JJ Hairston
- The Origins Of Memorial Day | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Civil Rights Leaders Mark 3rd Anniversary Of George Floyd’s Murder
- Breaking Down The Stereotype: Black People And Tipping
- What The ‘Debt Ceiling’ Crisis Means For Black America
- Texas Legislators Vote To Eliminate Annual Vehicle Inspections
- Even Though The End Was Weird, Jim Brown’s Legacy Deserves Our Celebration
- [VIDEO] 11-Foot Alligator Seen Roaming Missouri City Neighborhood
- Decide To Win, Refuse To Lose | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Kirk Franklin Talks Marriage Goals & Helping People Find Love In The New Show ‘The One’
- The Stronger The Wind, The Stronger The Trees | Dr. Willie Jolley
How The CBS Sitcom “Living Biblically” Will Talk About Faith was originally published on getuperica.com
Pastor Paula White Breaks Silence On Divorce, Stroke And Her Alleged Affair
What Does It Mean To Be "Equally Yoked?”
Healing Scriptures: Bible Verses for Living in Divine Health
Bebe Winan's ex wife Debra speaks..You decide for yourself.
Why do Members of a Baptist Church put their finger up when walking in church? Where did this orginate?
HOLY MESS: Deitrick Haddon Comes Clean, Puts Isaac Caree On Blast
Jay-Z alters controversial "Jesus Can't Save You" line on "Empire State of Mind" feat. Alicia Keys
Madam Vice President Kamala Harris Sparkles In Sergio Hudson At The White House Correspondence Dinner