A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lessons We Learned Over The Weekend [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Forgiveness Feels Better [EXCLUSIVE]
- Andrew Gillum’s Grandmother Leaves Lasting Impression On Him [EXCLUSIVE]
- Patti LaBelle Fondly Remembers Luther Vandross, Talks Elton John, Favorite Patti Pie & More! [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bishop T.D. Jakes To Bring Multi-Day Conference To Atlanta
- Daily Devotional: Are You Taking This Medicine?
- Faith Based Drama ‘God Friended Me’ Gets A Full Season At CBS
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Calling Card Trouble [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Travis Greene Debuts New Song “See The Light” With Jekalyn Carr [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Attaching Your Dreams To A Musical Message Can Keep You Motivated [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria Johnson1 of 6
2. The Walls Group2 of 6
3. Marvin Sapp3 of 6
4. Tina Campbell4 of 6
5. Anita Wilson5 of 6
6. JJ Hairston6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com