A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- GRIFF’s Prayer For People Sitting In The Middle Seat On Airplanes [EXCLUSIVE]
- How To Help Men Eat Healthy [EXCLUSIVE]
- The 2018 Billboard Music Awards Categories Gospel Fans Are Excited About [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ericaism: Take The No [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Nikita B Talks About Having A Stroke While Performing Onstage [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Cathy Hughes Reveals The New Network By Being Launched By TV One [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Faith Walking: His Will vs. My Desire [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Pastor Said That Blessed “Get Up” Listeners [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Baby Hair Is Coming Back [EXCLUSIVE]
- Love Talking: Why Don’t You Love You? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]