93-year-old, Olivia Blair died and always wanted her funeral service to be at the church where she was a member at. According to The Black Loop, the daughter of Blair is disgusted because pastor Walter F. Houston of Fourth Missionary Baptist Church refuses to conduct her funeral. The pastor doesn’t want to do her services because Blair hasn’t tithed in years and stopped after she became ill.
Her daughter, Barbara Day said, “It was like the last insult in the world, there was nothing else that I could do for my mommy but funeralize her in the church that she loved and worshiped all of her life, even as a little girl.” Blair was a loyal member for 50 years and tithed.
The last two years her mother was in and out of the hospital, nursing homes and then spent the last few months in a coma. It is also reported that no one from the church ever reached out while she was ill. Her husband even offered to pay for the funeral cost, but the pastor denied the family still. What do you think about this pastor doing this to a church member?
RELATED: Edwin Hawkins Life To Be Celebrated
- Tamyya J On The Long Singing Journey After Winning McDonald’s Gospelfest [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Black Florida School Official Emerges As The Calming Voice Following The Parkland Shooting
- Priscilla Shirer On How Her Kids’ Bedtime Story Turned Into A Trilogy Of Books [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- How The Ministry Can Be More Difficult By Being In The Bible Belt [VIDEO]
- Why Chance The Rapper Enjoys To Share His Love For God [VIDEO]
- Mr. Griffin: God Keeps His Promise [EXCLUSIVE]
- Priscilla Shirer Explains How She Stays Replenished After Constantly Giving [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Faith Walking: Jermaine Dolly On The Assignment Before The Accolades [EXCLUSIVE]
- How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Valentine’s Day Self-Love [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]