Erica Campbell says she got the call to perform at an event called Super Bowl Gospel. When she was asked to join, she wanted to sing her new song, “Well Done.” But when she requested to do that song, she was told that there was already a specific line up and plan in place. She chose to opt-out of “playing hard ball” in order to do her own song, and went with the Sounds of Blackness song they asked her to sing instead.
At the event, Erica Campbell says she was so inspired by hearing everyone at the event speak about their faith. She was grateful that she hadn’t made things about herself when they made the arrangements, because instead of focusing on herself and her brand, she thought about the event itself. And when she got there, she received nothing but blessings! Check out this exclusive video to hear more from this inspiring Ericaism on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Pastor Jamal Bryant’s New Birth Helps Furloughed Workers [VIDEO]
- Worst 50 Places For Christians
- Man Drives Ferrari Into Water Because ‘Jesus Told Him To’
- City of Houston Partners With Non-Profit To Help Furloughed Government Workers
- The Other America: Dr. Martin Luther King Annual Tribute at National Cathedral
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- R. Kelly, Sony RCA Agree To Part Ways
- Nurse Says God Put Her On A Certain Road To Save State Troopers Life