For one Houston couple they couldn’t wait to meet their baby boy. Unfortunately before giving birth, Royer needed to undergo surgery while still in the womb. According to The New York Times, the baby had experimental surgery for spina bifida done.
Doctors were concerned that he wasn’t going to be able to move his legs and feet, but when his mother gave birth he came out kicking. Royer even tried to escape from his nurse that tried to swaddle him. The father in an interview said, “We faced a lot of doom and gloom in San Diego, but we had a lot of hope and optimism. We want to get awareness out to other people that there are options. It’s definitely worth doing the research.”
Researchers wanted to try this surgery before birth because it gives the child better odds of being able to walk. The mother said, “It was so worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. That’s for sure.” Royer will have to come back for checkups, but we are so happy for this family.
- Behind The Praise Jonathan Nelson: The Story Behind The Glory [Exclusive Video]
- Gospel Singer Jonathan Nelson Gives His Declarations & Breaks Down “I Agree” In Voices
- James Brown’s Daughter, Venisha Brown, Dies At 53
- Ericaism: Who Are You Working For? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Daily Devotional: “Overcoming The Enemy”
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Warryn & Erica Campbell Team Up To Release Their First Duet Together, “All Of My Life” [VIDEO]
- Mark Wahlberg Gets Up At 2:30 In The Morning To Pray
- Recording Artist & Praise 104.1FM host, Ronnette Harrison, releases new single, “Always There”
- Fred Jerkins Speaks On How Michael Jackson Pushed Him To Work Harder [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer About Not Being A Vegetarian Anymore [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Baby Boy Kicks After Spina Bifida Surgery In The Womb was originally published on getuperica.com