For one Houston couple they couldn’t wait to meet their baby boy. Unfortunately before giving birth, Royer needed to undergo surgery while still in the womb. According to The New York Times, the baby had experimental surgery for spina bifida done.
Doctors were concerned that he wasn’t going to be able to move his legs and feet, but when his mother gave birth he came out kicking. Royer even tried to escape from his nurse that tried to swaddle him. The father in an interview said, “We faced a lot of doom and gloom in San Diego, but we had a lot of hope and optimism. We want to get awareness out to other people that there are options. It’s definitely worth doing the research.”
Researchers wanted to try this surgery before birth because it gives the child better odds of being able to walk. The mother said, “It was so worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. That’s for sure.” Royer will have to come back for checkups, but we are so happy for this family.
- Warryn & Erica Campbell On Sexting: “It’s Okay… If You’re Married!” [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Come Boldly To The Throne Of God [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- “We’re The Campbells” Washington, D.C. Screening [PHOTOS]
- Love Talking: Do You Really Want To Date A Creative? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- This Black Student’s Experience With Racist Bullying Highlights Depression Crisis Among Teens
- GRIFF Shares His Favorite Moments From “We’re The Campbells”: Episode 1 [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Why You Must Keep Your Children Under Control In Public Places [EXCLUSIVE]
- What Warryn & Erica Campbell’s Friends Think About “We’re The Campbells”
- Black Music Month: James Cleveland
- Daily Devotional: “Trust The Delay”
Baby Boy Kicks After Spina Bifida Surgery In The Womb was originally published on getuperica.com