For one Houston couple they couldn’t wait to meet their baby boy. Unfortunately before giving birth, Royer needed to undergo surgery while still in the womb. According to The New York Times, the baby had experimental surgery for spina bifida done.
Doctors were concerned that he wasn’t going to be able to move his legs and feet, but when his mother gave birth he came out kicking. Royer even tried to escape from his nurse that tried to swaddle him. The father in an interview said, “We faced a lot of doom and gloom in San Diego, but we had a lot of hope and optimism. We want to get awareness out to other people that there are options. It’s definitely worth doing the research.”
Researchers wanted to try this surgery before birth because it gives the child better odds of being able to walk. The mother said, “It was so worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. That’s for sure.” Royer will have to come back for checkups, but we are so happy for this family.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord I Need Peace [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Be Slow To Speak And Slow To Get Angry [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Serena Williams Wins Her First Australian Open Match, Iyanla Vanzant Reveals She Turned Down To Help R. Kelly & More
- Stellar Awards 2019: The Nominees Are In!
- Pastor Gunned Down While Opening The Church Doors For Service
- Casey J To Release New Album, ‘The Gathering’
- Alicia Keys To Host Grammy Awards
- Jemele Hill Is ‘Very Excited’ To Launch Podcast
- Braxton Family Values Returning In March With All 5 Sisters
- Oprah Winfrey Hosting “SuperSoul Conversations” Live From Times Square
Baby Boy Kicks After Spina Bifida Surgery In The Womb was originally published on getuperica.com