Erica Garner and her family have received tons of support amid the activist’s health crisis. The courageous activist daughter of Eric Garner, 27, had suffered brain damage after a heart attack Saturday night, the New York Daily News reported Thursday. She is in a medically induced coma, having remained on life support, according to reports.
At a dark and difficult time, her family has held onto hope. “She’s not gone, she’s brain dead,” Garner’s mother Esaw Snipes said. “Physically she is still with us.”
Garner’s family also have kept friends and those on social media updated about the activist’s critical condition via Twitter over the last few days. But they, along with other individuals, have expressed some ire over some of the media coverage about the brave woman as well.
Though the stories on Garner may be a source of contention, the support that she is receiving is not. Dozens of tweets have lifted up prayers and kind thoughts for Garner to make a full recovery, a miracle that several people believe will come true. Garner reportedly has limited brain function, but her family is being greatly encouraged to expect many more years with the justice advocate.
The family remains humbled and grateful for the well wishes. “The Garner/Snipes family wants to thank you all for your prayers and support,” a tweet from Garner’s official Twitter account read Monday. “Thank you all for your continued support for Erica,” another tweet read.
They retweeted one message that seemed to sum up a lot of their thoughts: “The Garner family has asked for everyone to stop saying RIP because Erica is very much still alive and holding on. She is a fighter. Please respect their wishes Prayers up for Erica and the entire Garner family.”
SOURCE: New York Daily News
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2017
1. Erica Garner, 27Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. LeRoy Frasier, 80Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. Don Hogan Charles, 79Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. Combat Jack, 48Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Mamie Johnson, 82Source:Getty 5 of 24
6. Della Reese, 86Source:Splash News 6 of 24
7. Simeon Booker, 99Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. David Cassidy, 67Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. Fats Domino, 89Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. Robert Guillaume, 89Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. Tom Petty, 66Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. Bernie Casey, 78Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. Jim Vance, 75Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. Fresh Kid Ice, 53Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. Charlie Murphy, 57Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. Chuck Berry, 90Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. James Cotton, 81Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. Joni Sledge, 60Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. Clyde Stubblefield, 73Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. Al Jarreau, 76Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. Mary Tyler Moore, 80Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. Lee "Q" O'Denat, 43Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. Bishop Eddie Long, 63Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. Roy Innis, 82Source:Getty 24 of 24
Bless Up: Erica Garner And Family Receive Love, Support And Prayers was originally published on newsone.com