Many banks are waiving fees and penalties for customers living on the Texas coast and in Houston affected by the Hurricane Harvey.
Below is an outline on what some of them are offering.
You can talk to a representative at the following numbers:
- 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Wells Fargo Home Lending customers: 1-888-818-9147, Monday through Friday 6 am – 10 pm, Saturday 8 am – 2 pm Central
We are also waiving ATM fees for customers in the areas affected by Hurricane Harvey, as well as reversing other fees — such as late fees — for all of our consumer products, including credit cards and checking accounts.
Bank of America
Bank of America will automatically refund fees incurred by our consumer and small business customers in the areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey
JPMorgan Chase announced two steps to help consumers and communities affected by the continuing challenges of Hurricane Harvey.
- Chase will automatically waive or refund the following fees through September 10 for its customers in the Houston metro area and other areas severely affected by the hurricane:
- Late fees for mortgage, credit card, business banking and auto loans
- Overdraft, monthly service and ATM fees on deposit accounts
- The firm will donate $1 million to the American Red Cross and other nonprofit organizations. It also will match employee donations to these organizations.
“We’re here to help our neighbors as we face the relentless rain and flooding,” said Harman Johal, who manages the 200+ Chase branches in the Houston area.
Customers with questions about any Chase consumer account can call the special-care line at (888) 356-0023.
JPMorgan Chase is the largest bank in Houston, with about 6,400 local employees. It serves more than 1 million local customers as well as many of the top corporations and leading institutions across the city.
Greg Hassell, Greg.Hassell@chase.com, 713-419-9208
Regions Bank today announced a variety of financial services to help people in communities impacted by Hurricane Harvey and ongoing flooding related to the storm. Special offers include:
- Regions fees waived for our customers at other banks’ ATMs in the affected areas for a limited time. 1
- Regions ATM fees waived for non-customers at Regions ATMs in the affected areas for a limited time. 1
- Payment extensions available for current credit card holders.
- One penalty-free CD withdrawal. 2
- Personal loan payment extensions and forbearances through the Regions Customer Assistance Program. 3
- A dedicated team to assist Regions customers who are facing difficulties making payments on credit cards, loans or lines of credit. Customers may call 1-800-411-9393 for immediate assistance.
“Several of our communities have been overwhelmed by unprecedented flooding and ongoing rainfall related to Hurricane Harvey, and many homeowners and businesses are facing a long road to recovery,” said Marc Angle, Texas Area President for Regions Bank. “By providing this assistance, we hope we can help make the recovery easier. Our associates in Texas are committed to providing the advice and assistance our customers and communities need.”
Regions has established a dedicated toll-free number (1-800-411-9393) to expedite assistance to affected customers. Through its Customer Assistance Program Regions provides assistance to consumers and businesses facing financial challenges. General account services are also available at any time via regions.com and Regions’ mobile services.
For the safety of customers and associates, Regions branches in Houston remain closed. Branches in the impacted areas will be reopened as soon as possible.
To support customers affected by the storm, Citi is currently providing the following assistance:
- Waiving minimum payments and late fees on Citi-branded credit cards;
- Offering emergency credit line increases;
- Waiving early withdrawal penalties on CDs and wire transfer fees where support of funds are needed;
- Waiving late fees for September mortgage payments;
- Making forbearance programs available; and
- Working with credit bureaus to ensure that customers will not be negatively impacted by missed August payments
Citi encourages clients with questions or concerns to contact customer service, and we will help them with their individual needs. Customer service contact information can be found at www.citibank.com or on Twitter via the @AskCiti handle.
Details on the numerous special programs are available at the bank’s branches or by calling (800) 266-7277. The offers include:
- Deferred payments on existing consumer and small business loans and credit cards
- Waived late fees
- Waived ATM fees for customers and non-customers in affected areas
- Discounted rates on home equity loans and lines of credit
- Discounted rates on construction and renovation loans
- Discounted rates on auto loans
- Penalty-free CD withdrawals, for withdrawals made after the first seven days of account origination
- Special rates and terms on consumer and small business loans
Applications for the limited-time offers may be submitted through Dec. 31, 2017, unless otherwise stated. All loans and lines of credit are subject to approval, including credit approval.
Banks Waiving Penalties & Fees for Those Affected by Hurricane Harvey was originally published on theboxhouston.com