Gabrielle Union might just be the cutest actress in Hollywood. It almost seems unfair, right? She’s armed with bouncy bold tresses, flawless golden brown skin, and a gorgeous flirty smile. But how does she do it?! Unlike Beyonce, we all don’t wake up like this.
We caught up with Gabby U (her very aborbs social media moniker), and she dished on her best kept secrets for summer beauty! Check it out.
1. Stay hydrated: They say you should drink eight glasses of water a day, but I drink double that – a FULL gallon! Aside from the obvious – staying hydrated – it keeps my skin, hair and nails healthy and keeps my metabolism revved.
2. Feel good about your smile: A healthy, white smile is an essential part of my year round beauty routine. It’s a great accessory to any outfit and helps make a lasting first impression. I brush with Philips Sonicare DiamondClean to keep my teeth and gums healthy, and my dentist whitens my smile with Philips Zoom either in the office or with convenient take-home trays.
3. Go natural: On set at “Being Mary Jane,” we’ve been experimenting with this fresh look for my character that has become my go-to for warmer weather: A heavier brow (it makes you look more youthful!), a nude lip and just mascara for the eyes. If I do more eye makeup for nighttime, I avoid black and stick to shades of brown for a more naturally dramatic look.
4. Keep hair simple with bold accents: I live in Miami and my show shoots in Atlanta, which are both extremely hot and humid places in the summer. For a cute and low maintenance hairstyle, I take it back to 1986 with braids, or I put my hair up in a simple topknot. A top knot is also great for going out or a big event – I pair it with a cat eye and a bold red lip.
5. Confidence is key: It’s so important to feel confident about who you are and not to succumb to unrealistic expectations. I gave that up a while ago. I try to keep healthy habits like exercising and eating fruits and veggies – I’m really into juicing daily – but I don’t put pressure on myself to fit a certain mold. If you’re 5, 10, 20 pounds more than you want to be, it’s okay. Just feel confident about being YOU.
FAB FINDS: Sunglasses You'll Want To Wear All Year Round
1. Floral Sunglasses1 of 25
2. Pearl Sunglasses2 of 25
3. Floral Print Sunglasses3 of 25
4. White Sunglasses4 of 25
5. Mixed Print Sunglasses5 of 25
6. Heart-Shaped Sunglasses6 of 25
7. Jeweled Sunglasses7 of 25
8. Lip Print Sunglasses8 of 25
9. Floral Embellished Sunglasses9 of 25
10. Cat-Eye Sunglasses10 of 25
11. Round Frame Sunglasses11 of 25
12. Suede-Trimmed Sunglasses12 of 25
13. Octagonal Sunglasses13 of 25
14. Metallic Sunglasses14 of 25
15. Polka Dot Sunglasses15 of 25
16. Logo-Bearing Sunglasses16 of 25
17. Metal Cat Eye Sunglasses17 of 25
18. Mirrored Sunglasses18 of 25
19. Green Lens Sunglasses19 of 25
20. Floral Trim Sunglasses20 of 25
21. Striped and Letter Prints Sunglasses21 of 25
22. Black Floral Sunglasses22 of 25
23. Chain Link Sunglasses, $446.1223 of 25
24. Leopard Print Sunglasses24 of 25
25. Blue Chain Trim Sunglasses25 of 25
5 Beauty Tips From Gabrielle Union You’ll Want To Add To Your Beauty Routine was originally published on hellobeautiful.com