Buying furniture is something we all must do from time to time. Putting a good plan in place helps y9ur dollar stretch. Everyone wants a nice home .
If you are like me, your investment in furniture has to last! It has to be durable, beautiful and a good buy for my money. You all know that a good buy doesn’t necessarily mean cheap, but it does mean that the value in years of problem-free use.
Here are some great tips:
1. Make sure you know how it will be used and how long. You don’t want to spend a lot of money on a baby crib you will use for only a short time, while budgeting just a little on table that will be used for many years.
2. Make sure you know how much space you have. Don’t chose furniture that will overwhelm a small space or get lost in a large one.
3. Make sure you decide what style you want. Casual (overstuffed sofas, earthy colors, and softwoods, such as pine); contemporary (bold colors, sharp lines, metal and glass); country (soft cushions, floral prints, distressed and painted wood); traditional (damask and chintz, cherry and mahogany woods); or a combination of all?
4. Make sure you know how much you can spend. (This is always where I trip up!)
5. And make sure you do some planning before you go shopping. Decide what colors you like, what texture would work best for your family and whether you want patterns, stripes, checks or solids. Look at design websites such as Home and Garden Makeover for tips on what furniture would look best for your room size and lifestyle.
Buying furniture should be fun and creative! Just make certain that you know what you are buying and why! And another tip: Ask yourself if you will still like this piece ten years from now? If not, it will probably not be worth the investment today. Now, I’m off to follow my own advice! Hmmm…will I like that purple velvet plaid with the orange trim in 2014?
Make sure you are following @Elev8official for stories like this and more.