* 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
* 1 dash soy sauce
* 4 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
* 3 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Place the roast in a roasting pan or large casserole dish. Fill the dish with about 1/2 inch of water, then stir in the apple juice concentrate. Sprinkle soy sauce over the top of the roast. Make several small slits in the roast and stuff pieces of garlic into them. Season the roast with onion soup mix. Cover with aluminum foil or a lid.
3. Bake for 2 hours in the preheated oven, then remove from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. Cover again, and continue to cook for an additional 2 hours, or until roast is fork tender.