Although we love the kind of clutter clearing that takes all weekend, produces car loads of donations and gives us the satisfaction of everything being sorted and resolved we don’t normally have time for that very often, so in the meantime we try to do a little each day.
We recently read an article on Unclutterer on “10 more uncluttering things to do every day” and we thought we’d share our favorites from the article along with some of our decluttering routines that just take a minute or two every day.
• Never leave a room empty handed.
• When you’re done with something, put it away.
• Reset your home each evening.
• When you’re done with something, put it away, right away.
Some of our tips:
• Keep an area as a designated outbox and regularly empty it. Sometimes we need to see our space without that painting, that bowl or the pillow for a while before we’re willing to let it go. The outbox is a great way to give yourself some space from your stuff without having to commit immediately to dumping it.
• Don’t go to bed with a sink full of dishes.
• Set a Timer. for 5 -15 minutes and choose one area to declutter, a drawer, a closet, the fridge. Just go for it.